1 Hospitalized And 40 Evacuated After Actual Circuit Breaker Catches Fire In Clementi

One person was admitted to hospital and 40 residents were evacuated when a physical circuit breaker caught fire at in a Clementi HDB estate on Tuesday night (May 19).

The fire broke out at Block 441B Clementi Avenue 3 and involved a circuit breaker along the corridor on the ninth floor, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said.

SCDF said it was alerted to the fire at 9.35pm, and dispatched firefighters who put out the flames with two compressed air foam backpacks and an extinguisher. 

One person was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, SCDF added.

A circuit breaker is an automatically operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused by excess current from an overload or short circuit. Its basic function is to interrupt current flow after a fault is detected.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s