One person was admitted to hospital and 40 residents were evacuated when a physical circuit breaker caught fire at in a Clementi HDB estate on Tuesday night (May 19).
The fire broke out at Block 441B Clementi Avenue 3 and involved a circuit breaker along the corridor on the ninth floor, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said.
SCDF said it was alerted to the fire at 9.35pm, and dispatched firefighters who put out the flames with two compressed air foam backpacks and an extinguisher.
One person was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, SCDF added.
A circuit breaker is an automatically operated electrical switch designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused by excess current from an overload or short circuit. Its basic function is to interrupt current flow after a fault is detected.